Current HFRR applications include:
- Evaluation of new diesel and gasoline additives.
- Determination of optimum additive dose rates for raw fuels.
- Quality assurance of outgoing products and incoming materials to ensure conformity with specifications.
- Boundary friction coefficient measurements for automobile fuel economy modeling.
- Investigations into fretting, dry and in the presence of lubricant.
- Grease behaviour under boundary conditions.
- Evaluation of lubricant performance and effects of additives.
- Evaluation of marine engine lubricant performance and effects of additives.